Sunday, March 4, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie

I absolutely love to use my slow cooker-crock pot whatever you want to call it.  I love the feeling that when you come home from work your food is already done.  Or like today I put our dinner in there this morning and was able to have our lazy Sunday with my sick baby boy.  Today/tonight I made Chicken and Dumplings.  Well that's what the recipe was called but I think of it more as a Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie. 

Ingredients:  5 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
                     2 cans cream of chicken soup
                     1 can diced potatoes
                     1 bag frozen veggies(used Birds Eye brand-carrots, peas, green beans, & corn mixtures)
                     2 slices Velveeta-who knows if 2 slices even adds any flavor but that's how I made it :)
                     A little Season All
                     2 tbsp butter
                     2 cans cheap biscuits

Directions:  Put the first 7 ingredients in the crock pot.  I also add a can of water to make sure the chicken mixture is covered.  Cook on low 5-7 hours. 
Just put all ingredients into Crock Pot.


30 minutes before serving, tear apart raw biscuits and place on top of chicken mixture.  Place lid back on and cook until biscuits are done.  They will still have sort of a soggy look to them but they are finished.  Sometimes I even poke my finger in the middle of one to make sure its done. :) 
Biscuits torn apart on top--have not cooked them yet.
Finished product!
The husband isn't a fan of soggy biscuits so I also cook him some extra biscuits in the oven for him to eat with this delicious meal.

This recipe is so good, quick and easy!  My whole family loves it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...