Saturday, March 31, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Fajitas

DJ absolutely loves chicken fajitas so I searched and searched Pinterest for a chicken fajitas recipe.  Here is what I came up with:  Crockpot Chicken Fajitas! via Pinterest

Ingredients:
chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins (I used both because I ran out of breasts)
peppers (I used, red, yellow, and green)
onion
lemon juice (recipe calls for lime but all I had was lemon)
chili powder
cumin powder
salt
1/2 chicken broth
*tortillas, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce, salsa*


Not pictured are the peppers and onion


Cut up peppers and onions into strips and place in bottom of crockpot.


I will not do this step next time.  Next time I will only put the chicken in the crockpot with the seasonings and broth because we didn't like how soggy the peppers and onions became.  I will saute the peppers and onions right before we are ready to eat the fajitas.

After you have cut up the peppers and onions, place chicken breasts or tenderloins on top of peppers and onions.


Pour 1/2 cup broth on top of chicken.  I didn't measure the cumin powder, chili powder, or salt.  I just eyeballed it.  I know not a good cooking trait to have but that's what I do.  Sprinkle the seasonings and salt on top of the chicken.  Then squirt a little lemon juice on top of the chicken.  It should then look like this.


Cook on low for 8 hours.  When finished cooking I took out the chicken breasts and shredded them in a separate bowl.  I then ladled some of the juice from the crockpot onto the chicken.  My intentions were to shred the chicken and then place it back in the crockpot with the peppers and onions but it was very liquidy so I decided against that.

Serve with tortillas, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, hot sauce or whatever kinds of toppings you want!

ENJOY!

1 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Megan, You left a comment on my blog asking me if I'm from STL. Since I don't know what STL is, I'm going to have to say no. Did you know that your e-mail is not attached to your Blogger account? Your chicken fajitas look yummy. I need more recipes like this that can be done in a crock pot. I've been poking around your blog and you are one busy lady.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...